What is Limited Scope Representation?
Limited scope representation is a way that an attorney can help you with part of your case while you do the rest of your case. For example:
- You can consult with an attorney to prepare or review your paperwork, but attend the Court appearances yourself.
- You can represent yourself through the whole case and just consult with an attorney who can coach you on the law, procedures and strategy.
- You can do your own investigation of the facts and ask the attorney to assist you in putting the information in a format which is useful to the Court.
- You can ask the attorney to be on “standby” while you attend a settlement conference or a mediation session yourself.
- You can negotiate a settlement on your own but consult with the attorney to make sure the agreement is in your best interests.
What can you expect from MSDC?
By contacting us, we can help you save time and money and alleviate the stress of facing the legal process alone. The first step is to schedule an initial consultation with Lisa S. Trail, the attorney and owner of MSDC.
Ms. Trail will evaluate your situation and together you and Ms. Trail will determine if limited scope representation is right for your particular legal matter.
If you and Ms. Trail move forward then together you will explore the implications of your legal situation, discuss your options and prepare a strategic plan for your legal matter.
Once you are a client we can:
- Answer your questions
- Explain what options are available to you for pursuing or defending your case
- Explain the legal process for your matter
- Provide a legal analysis of your situation
- Prepare strategies for how to move forward with or defend your matter
- Explain what mistakes to avoid
- Draft legal documents for you
- Review and revise legal documents that you have drafted
- Review and explain the meaning of legal documents you have received